One of the main causes of back and neck pain is the desk – or rather, how you sit at it and for how long.
When we sit for any period of time, we switch off our core and legs – the two main areas that keep or weight correctly supported and our postures aligned. To ease any tension and help reset your posture, Ten’s expert team have devised some simple stretches for you to do at your desk.
- Slowly roll the shoulders up, around and down in a circular fashion
- 10 x clockwise
- Repeat 10 x anti-clockwise
- Place the palm of one hand on the outside of the opposite thigh
- Twist your body towards your hand on your thigh
- Push your hand into your thigh to enhance the stretch
- Hold for 20 secs and repeat 3 x in each direction
- Interlace your fingers behind your back
- Squeeze the shoulder blades together
- Lift your hands to enhance your stretch
- Hold for 20 secs and repeat 3 times
- Tilt your pelvis forward to arch the back
- Roll your pelvis backwards to round the back
- Repeat 20 times